I love to cook and eat too :D
These are my favourite dishes that I used to cook at home..
- Chicken curry
- Sambar curry
- Asam pedas
Chicken curry is a easy recipe that I usually cook on Sundays..It can be prepared in 35 minutes..
Recipe : Chicken Curry
Serves 2 - 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 - 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks about 1 1/2 inches
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 baby carrots, washed, drained, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (traditional Indian yellow curry paste is best)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
- Ground coriander, optional
Heat a wok or deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir-fry until the onion is softened and translucent. Add the curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant. (If using curry powder instead, add a small amount of water to form a paste).
Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is browned and coated with the curry paste.Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir for a minute and add the chicken broth, sugar, salt, and pepper.
Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked.Taste the curried chicken and adjust the seasoning if desired. Sprinkle the ground coriander over top.